SRT SUV Offroad In Snow
Once an outlier in the SRT SUV market—a hot rod with four doors and broad shoulders, with all the power of a benevolent dictator—the 470-hp Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT now leads the movement in the do-everything, burn-rubber SUV segment.
In the name of proving that an SRT SUV belongs at the racetrack as much as it does on the trail, Jeep temporarily gave in to pressure from enthusiasts to build a performance-oriented Grand Cherokee to compete with new entries from Germany and Japan.
The old school Grand Cherokee SRT SUV was something of a handful on the road and lowered too much for real off-roading. But it made up for these foibles when it came to ferocious straight-line acceleration.
- Horsepower output improves to 475 while torque also increases to 470 .
- New Red Vapor special edition package brings unique interior and exterior content
- New Active Noise Cancelling technology provides more in-cabin refinement
- Best performing Jeep SRT vehicle ever: 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 4.8 seconds; quarter mile in mid-13 second range; top speed of 160 mph; 0-100-0 in 16.3 seconds; 60-0 mph braking in 116 feet
- Performance-tuned Selec-Track system delivers more torque to the rear wheels in Track mode for optimal rear-wheel-drive characteristics
- Standard launch control delivers enhanced and consistent acceleration performance
- Eight-speed automatic transmission delivers smoother, refined shifting and improved fuel economy
- Innovative Eco mode optimizes transmission’s shift schedule and expands range of Fuel Saver Technology activation for further fuel economy gains
- Towing capacity rating improved 44 percent over previous model, up to 7,200 pounds
- Aggressive, upscale exterior appearance enriched with signature LED lighting
- Luxurious interior offers advanced user-friendly technology and connectivity highlighted by an 8.4-inch touchscreen that accommodates SRT’s exclusive Performance Pages, plus a 7-inch programmable multiview gauge cluster
- Uconnect Access Via Mobile streams preferred music into the vehicle via smartphone
- Breakthrough cloud-based voice texting and Bing-connected search via Uconnect Access
- Features state-of-the-art safety technologies such as Forward Collision Warning and Rear Cross Path detection